Friday, September 2, 2011

1st days of school {personal}

As a mom, the first day of school comes with many mixed emotions.  While I loved going to Schlitterbahn all the time, playing with friends every day, and staying in pajamas, I was READY for school to start!!!  Having all 4 of them at home was fun, but the fighting & arguing was wearing on me!  The boys wanted summer to last forever, but now that we're in the groove of school, they're all doing good and liking it!!!

Here are all of Dayton & Grady's pictures on their 1st days of school!  (We're missing their very first MDO picture because Dayton was sick & didn't get to go.)  Love seeing the Schlitterbahn bracelets from each year...

click on the picture to see it bigger

And here are all of Brogan's 1st days of school pictures...

click on the picture to see it bigger

I'm so happy to have seen my friend, Amber, do this for her daughter, so I could copy it!!!  Love having all those pictures in a row to compare from year to year!!!  I'm shocked with how much they all have grown this year!  I'm sure I'll be saying that next year, too!

More pics of Dayton & Grady's first day of 2nd grade...








This year, Dayton & Grady are riding the bus home from school!!!  Yeah!!  Now, we don't have to wake any sleeping boys up to go get in car rider line!!!  They are loving it!

I know, I know!!!  This child should have clothes on!!!  BUT in my defense (which isn't really that great), I couldn't leave him home alone bc we actually walked all the way to the bus stop this day...which isn't so close...and I had to wake up Granger to go, too...blah, blah...the boy just loves his underwear.  Oh well!  ;))...




Now for Brogan's 1st day pictures.  Brogan really likes school, once he's there, and he likes telling me all about the fun things he's done that day.  But he still has a hard time getting motivated about actually going each school day.  The other special thing about Brogan's school this year is that Granger gets to go with him!!  Brogan is in the 4 year old class, and Granger is in the baby class.  It was a hard decision to decide to send Granger so little, but I just need those 2 days to take photo appointments and work at home.  It's actually been wonderful!  His teachers are great, and they said he is just the happiest baby!!!...




Brogan asked to take his Schlitterbahn bracelets off just 2 days before his school started because they were itching him at the beach.  Look at that tan-line on his wrist from wearing them all summer!  Cute!...




Love these boys!!!  We are praying over them all year for lots of fun and a successful year!  Also praying for their teachers!!!

No comments: