Saturday, July 17, 2010

my track stars' big meet! {personal}

I did a post a few weeks ago about the boys' track practice (HERE), and I'm finally posting their pictures from their big meet! We drove all the way to Round Rock (about an hour) for the event, and it was so much fun! We really didn't know what to expect, as none of us had been to a summer league track event before! D&G were so excited about getting their uniforms...which were about 10 sizes too big! We rigged them up in the back, and all was good!

Trying on their new HUGE shirts...









Brogan, their biggest fan...





On the way to the 100 yard dash...



Grady's big race was the 400 yard race! That's one whole way around the track! He did so great, never stopped, and knows how to make a mommy cry!!!...











Dayton's big event was the 200 yard dash...







I'm so proud of both of them! Although they didn't get any first places (or second or thirds), they had the best time! They loved the satisfaction of finishing, getting high-fives from their coaches, and cheering on the bigger kids! I'm not sure what next summer holds for us, but track was a fun experience this year!

2 comments:

Tyana said...

Grady ran a 400M? Awesome for him! Oh my goodness, just thinking about it make me want to cry too. Man I used to hate that race.
Good job boys!

Dara said...

They are great! Josh and I ran the 400 in high school! I ended up running just the 800. Maybe, it's in the genes? Love the pics!