Sunday, September 12, 2010

a day of remembrance {personal}

Well, yesterday was the 9th anniversary of 9-11. A horrible day in our history that we all remember too well. Where we were, what we were doing, if we knew anyone in the area, if we'd seen those twin towers before, and so on. I was working for Ralph Lauren at the time, and we were prepping the Katy Mills store to open. On the way to work, I heard about the first plane on the radio. When we got to the store, we ran into the break room, and turned on the TV. About 10 seconds later, we watched the second plane hit. You just sit....not breathing...not able to understand what could have just happened. We never opened that morning, as they shut all malls across the U.S., amongst other places. Each of us remembers watching the TV for the rest of day in awe. My hubby was stuck in Cancun on a business reward trip, so he watched everything from the hotel lobby TV.

Yesterday, I did google the 9-11 slideshows, and looked through all the horrible pictures from that day. They still took my breath away.

Well, the weirdest thing happened to me last night. After my photo shoot, I had to run in Walgreen's to grab just a few things. When the cashier gave me my total, we both gasped! It was $9.11. Very weird, right? Like a sign of "don't forget."

Anyhow, just a thought on my mind this morning before I get ready for church. Enjoy your Sunday!





1 comment:

Kristin said...

I've been so busy running from party to party today that I'd forgotten to take a moment to truly reflect on the significance of this day. Thank you for your beautiful thoughts.....