Saturday, June 6, 2009

bye, bye paci (personal)

Oh my! This is not good!!! My little Brogan will turn 2 1/2 tomorrow. We finally decided to get rid of his pacis! They've become quite the obsession with him, and they sadly are his very best friends. He'll carry around 2 in his mouth and sometimes 1 in each hand! We were the rotten parents that were letting him have his paci not only in his bed, but at HEB, in the car, outside on the trampoline, riding his razor scooter, etc. I think for me, it made him still my "baby." Well, enough was enough! I had set the date of 2 1/2 years old, so I had to stick to it. We told Brogan that we were giving all of his pacis to a new tiny baby. He said "okay." He also said he wanted to throw them in the lake because that's what his Pop Pop told him!! So, tonight after bath, when he asked for his "multiple" pacis, we told him that they were all gone. And to our surprise, he only cried a little bit! David and I were all set to hang out on the back patio if we couldn't take the screaming anymore! (One of the twins was mimicking signs of a drug withdrawal when we took his paci away at 2 1/2.) But Brogan only cried for a few minutes, and then he went to sleep! What a big boy!!! I think I'm more upset about it than he is! We'll see how tomorrow goes throughout the day and with nap, but for tonight, it was much better than expected! I'm off to watch a movie with my hubby...Enjoy...








2 comments:

lisa said...

I just got rid of Ty's paci's this weekend too. I couldn't find our "last one" so it was perfect timing. I can tell he looks around the bed for one. :( So sad, that they are "big boys" now. Lisa

Anonymous said...

OH! I would be sad too. I mean you are happy the transition went well, but your baby is growing up...times change. I am happy and sad for you all at the same time.

WTG
Big Boy Brogan!!

Denise F