Sunday, July 12, 2009

happy belated birthday america! (personal)

So, happy belated birthday, America! I said after my "flashback-4th of July-post" that I was hoping to have some '09 pics of the 4th! And here I am, a week late, and I'm just now getting to it! We've been back-n-forth to Port A so often this summer, that keeping up with the editing and posting of pictures is getting quite tricky! But, here are some updated pics...

First off, Brogan moved into his Big Boy Bed!!! We got rid of the paci, and now we've gotten rid of the crib! {Sigh...and then a little sadness.} We could just kick ourselves that we didn't have the camcorder rolling when we showed him his new bed! ARGH!! Brogan ran into his room, and this is what he said:

-dat mine?
-a big bed?!! :0
-i'm big guy!!!!
-dat awesome, dat awesome!!!!!!

And then he proceeded to jump up and down with is arms up in the air, a little Rocky Balboa-style. It was priceless, but without a picture or video, I'll have to store it in my memory forever!

Here he is, all comfy-cozy...



Then before church one morning, we tried to get just one snapshot of the boys in their 4th of July gear from Mimi...this is all we got...(grumble)...



And we were off to Port A to celebrate the 4th! The beach was packed, and they're reporting that it was possibly the biggest 4th of July turn-out ever!!! I love the crowds down there! Seeing "NO VACANCY" signs brings a smile to my face! Love it!

We played at the beach all day long, and then we played over at David's cousin's house, which is on the street behind ours. The guys taught the kiddos how to two-step (adorable)..









Oops! Little Riley was okay! Dayton was so proud of his two-stepping, but he still might need a little work on the "dip"! (Riley is their "cousin" that was born 4 days before the twins.)...

And then we got to watch the fireworks from the balcony!...







After the long weekend, we were back in New Braunfels. My sister and her little girl, Hailey, came to stay and play for the week! It was so fun seeing the cousins all asleep on their pallets after a long day...



These pics of Brogan and Daddy playing have absolutely nothing to do with anything! But I had to share them because they just make me smile!...





Last but not least, Brogan decided to color himself last week. I was in the kitchen chit-chatting with one of our babysitters, and he was busy, busy. Okay, he had a little time-out from the markers, but not until after I got a few pictures! Too cute!...





So, I'm hoping that everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend spent with family and/or friends! I'll be catching up tomorrow on the next several shoots!

No comments: