Wednesday, June 23, 2010

all done with kindergarten! (personal)

Okay, I know...it's been over 25 days since the last day of kindergarten, but better late than never! ;) So, my cute, little twins graduated kindergarten! Having been a kindergarten teacher (before having kiddos), I just can't believe that I'm the mommy of almost first graders! It doesn't make sense!?!? How did they get to be this old??? And learn to read??? And get so tall??? Ugh! They are definitely growing up way too fast for my liking!



So, on the last day of school, David and I got to their school for family picnics. When we arrived, we found out that Grady was in the nurse's office because he had a terrible headache and just felt awful! Poor guy! He decided to come out and try to eat his Chick-fil-A with us, but with no success. We felt bad, because we couldn't just take him home...we needed to stay at school for Dayton's picnic and his class awards. So, feeling guilty, we just sent Grady back to the nurse's office to let him rest, while we went to Dayton's festivities.



Dayton's class had a little song/dance prepared...that he actually did!! Woohoo! You see, Dayton is usually the "curtain puller", which means...he doesn't participate in school plays...he just pulls open the curtain for the school play! So, I was thrilled that he stood at the front of the classroom and did all the songs and dancing! Way to go!


Then his teacher started the awards. It was really cute...she related an award for each child with candy. Example: Jane gets the Sugarbabies Award because she is always so sweet and gives lots of hugs. Or, John gets the Mr. Goodbar Award because he always is making good choices and helping others. Okay, so what does my little Dayton get???..."Dayton gets the Hershey's Kisses Award for being the biggest flirt and because he has kissed more girls in kindergarten than anyone else!" What in the world?!?! Although I did think it was cute, I have to say I was a little embarrassed! One of the moms in the class even says aloud, "Dayton has even asked me to the movies before!" Mortifying, right?! ;)



It was all in fun, and sadly it was just so true. He's just a little lover and completely adores all the girlies in his class! Not sure what we'll do when he's 16, but oh well!

So, we had him get an end of the year picture with his teacher...



And sadly, since Grady was quarantined down in the nurse's office, we also had Dayton get a picture with Grady's teacher...



It was really fun, and I still can't get over that they're finished with their first year of "real school!"

OH, I just wanted to share this AWESOME cake that one of the moms in the class made for Dayton's celebration. Her name is Kelly Ramirez, and she'd like to start making cakes for...maybe you...or maybe someone you know! Let me know if you'd like more info, and I can get your her email and phone number! (Just not sure about posting it on here, yet!) And I have to say that when she saw me snap a picture of it, Kelly said, "Oh, that's not my best one!" Silly girl! I think it's more than amazing!!! So neat, right?...





So, D&G, I'm so proud of y'all for finishing up your year of kindergarten! The best darn year of all of schooling, in my opinion! (I'm super-biased about kindergarten, by the way!) I can't wait to see what new things y'all learn next year!!! I love you to the moon and back and sometimes to Jupiter! ;) xoxoxo

No comments: