Thursday, June 10, 2010

the horrible flooding (new braunfels, tx photographer)

Strangely enough, my three little boys and I weren't even here yesterday when everyone in New Braunfels awoke to terrible flooding in the area. David called me very early to tell me that Landa Park was completely underwater, and the roads were closed leaving our neighborhood. We kept in touch all day long, and I spoke with several of my girlfriends, getting updates of this nasty storm. We came home last night, and you just can't imagine it, unless you've seen something like it before. I don't have personal pictures of my own to post. I crave getting out there with my camera, but it doesn't seem the best idea with my three little ones home with me today. So, here area a couple of links that I found with some remarkable and very sad pictures:

Click HERE

Click HERE (This one has TONS of pictures, but only the first 100 or so are of NB. Check out pictures 43-49...believe it or not, that is Schlitterbahn!!!)

Click HERE

Anyhow, it's just so sad to drive through town and see many families' belongings lined up along their curbs. Well, say a little prayer today in thanks that only one man lost his life yesterday. It's amazing to see the photos and think that no one else was badly injured in this.

No comments: