Sunday, August 23, 2009

can't sleep (personal)

So, I should be in bed sound asleep, right? I just can't! I'm wide awake and can't stop thinking about how tomorrow morning is going to play out! It's my twins first day of kindergarten! AH! I think for me, having been a previous kindergarten teacher, I can see how it all works from both sides. In my scenario though, I have one twin who will run through the front doors to his classroom, and he might not even look back to see Mommy and Daddy at all! Then the other twin (not mentioning names...hmmm...rhymes with Payton...) has already told us 4,000 times that he's not even going to kindergarten! UGH! Tonight, when I gave him his two choices for shirts, he says to me, "Well, it doesn't even matter. I don't need to pick a shirt because I'm not even going to school." Poor baby! He's going, like it or not, so it makes this a little harder on me. I know that he'll have fun once he's there, and his new teacher is just a doll! But getting him out the door, into the suburban, out of the suburban, into the school, off Daddy's leg, and leaving...might be the tricky part! ;) So, tomorrow I'll post how it went...tears, crying, running, excited and all!

Just a reflection, because me being emotional, I just had to browse through their baby pics! Each day this week, we've gone through one of their scrapbooks and ooohed and ahhhed!...







Blessings to all of those kinder babies tomorrow...and their mommies, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be a tough situation! Can't wait to hear how things went!

Lisa said...

Awww...let's see first day pics!!