Thursday, August 13, 2009

grady...all in a name (personal)

Grady, one of my twins, wasn't really named directly after anyone. When we did start talking about this name for one of the twins, I instantly thought of the one boy named Grady that I had met my freshman year in college. He was a senior and dating one of the older girls in my sorority. This boy was super handsome and seemed to be a really nice guy. He has since married my sorority sister, and I believe they have three kiddos of their own.

Well!!!!...yesterday, I was at Chick-fil-A with a few of my girlfriends and our kiddos. In walks the boy named Grady from college...some 15 years later! I felt a little awkward, but I just had to approach him to tell him that I had a little boy with his same, cool name! Of course, he didn't know who I was...because he really never did! But I went on to tell him that when we decided on the name Grady, I just remembered the one Grady I had met before! I said, "So, I have a little Grady Walters!" And he stopped and looked at me a little strange. Then he said, "My real name is Walter Grady!" What are the chances?!?! I thought that was just too weird and such a cool story!

Anyhow, just had to share!!! And a few pictures of my own little handsome Grady...






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very strange... and so neat! Such a small world!

Erin Zimmer said...

What a cool story!!

Durquia said...

wow ... what a great story! And i lOVEEEEEE the photos!