Saturday, November 20, 2010

movement {personal}

It's so amazing, even with baby #4, when you feel the baby start kicking and moving around! I felt it for the first time last week. It started off as the little flutter, almost to where I questioned if I was actually feeling what I thought I was feeling. And then it turned into full-force baby kicks! It's usually when I make a different movement: like I turn around quickly or reach over my body for something. I gasp when it happens because it still startles me so much! I'm not used to it. I also felt multiple kicks a couple of nights ago, once I laid down on the couch. I love it! It's a feeling like no other, and I'm thankful each day that we're blessed to have one more baby!!!

Tonight, when I was carrying Brogan to his room, I felt the baby kicking underneath him. I said, "Oh, the baby is kicking Mommy!" Then a few minutes later, while I was reading Brogan a book in his bed, he said, "Mommy, is the baby kicking you now?" I told him no. He said, "...because if it was kicking you, I'd kick him back." So cute and funny. Of course, then we had to talk about how NO, Brogan would not be kicking the baby back! ;)

1 comment:

HeidiMcGBlaue said...

Oh my goodness I love it! I'm so excited you love being pregnant as much as I do. I love cherishing everything from those tiny flutters to those big rolls at the end. I'm so excited for you guys!