Monday, October 12, 2009

no longer sharing a car (personal)

Well, as many of you know, we've had some major car trouble recently! My suburban was falling apart. And with only 4 payments left of being paid off, the engine went ca-put! ;( I nearly cried...I think David actually did shed a tear or two. So, instead of spending the $6,000 to fix a car with 115,000+ miles on it, we got rid of it. Then David and I couldn't decide what we wanted, so we shared a car...for almost 3 weeks! Craziness, but definitely doable. I actually think the boys might miss picking up Daddy from work every day.

So, my mom came in town last week, so we could go car shopping. We probably had set aside the world's worst day to do it...the weather dropped more than 20 degrees and it was raining all day. But we went out and searched. I had decided that I wanted to try something smaller than our suburban, and we thought we might want to try something different than a Chevrolet. We ended up with a used Toyota Sequoia from CarMax, and so far, we're loving it! So, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts with us having to make way too many silly decisions in one week. (If you know me well, I'm extremely indecisive, so picking out a car is truly grueling for me.)

And I really have to thank Mr. Sanders again for helping me out a few weeks ago! I was leaving the photo shoot with his adorable family, and I had about 15 minutes to get to my next appointment at a different location. That's when my suburban died. And a knight-and-shining-armor came to the rescue...



Hee Hee! I made sure with his wife that he wouldn't kill me if I posted this picture on here!! He doesn't normally wear these types of hats, but he'll do anything to get a laugh out of his little 9 month old Logan! Thanks again for saving me that day!!!

No comments: