Thursday, April 2, 2009

campbell - bluebonnets (chappel hill/brenham)

Bring on the bluebonnets! Our poor town of New Braunfels didn't get enough rain a few months ago, so the bluebonnets didn't really bloom. But that was not the case for the Brenham/Chappel Hill/Bryan areas of Texas!!! Luckily the rain soaked in these areas just enough to produce gorgeous fields of breathtaking flowers!

I have to tell this story because it melts my heart just a little when I think about it...the day before my bluebonnet shoots, my three boys and I were scouting out the perfect place! It rained all day long, and the boys were stuck in the car watching movies. Dayton just happened to look out the window at the most opportune time and said, "Mommy, why is the Earth blue?" Sigh! We were passing the very first field of bluebonnets, not too far from La Grange, and all he saw was blue! It was so darling that he asked that!!! I'll never forget it!

Well, our adventure took us to several places in Brenham and Chappel Hill. I had my heart set on a field that I used two years ago, when I took this picture of Brogan...



We pulled up (in the rain) and it was better than I even remembered! UNTIL...da-da-da-duuu...6 signs that read "NO TRESPASSING, PRIVATE PROPERTY." WHAT?!?!? I gasped! The boys asked what was wrong, and I tried to explain to 3 little boys that Mommy's favorite and most beautiful field of bluebonnets was off-limits! How could this be!?!? I had to plead my case. So, inside I went to the place of business that sits on this breathtaking land. After much begging and promising to respect his bluebonnets, I was granted special permission to use their fields for the next day!!! (And in their defense, it was really sad why they had to put their signs up in the first place. The previous year, people spread huge blankets out crushing hundreds of bluebonnets at a time. They also left trash all over the place after they hopped out of the car for a quick picture. So, please remember to be respectul when hopping out to take your own bluebonnet pictures...someone might really love that piece of land!)

Finally, I'm to my very first little bluebonnet girl!!! I met Campbell and her mother for the first time that day! It was such a delight to have the happiest baby in the world show up for a shoot with me! When we arrove early that morning, the fog was so bad that we could barely see poor little Campbell. Just a bit later, it had cleared up enough to see the radiant bluebonnets and this precious little girl! Now, in the background there is still a little fog, but it was raining yet, so we were very thankful! Enjoy this too-cute-for-words little girl...















I was ready to put her in my car and keep her for my own!!! Her Mommy said that she's always this happy!!!...









Thank you Campbell and Mom for meeting me early out in the "country!" Campbell was absolutley a joy to photograph, and I hope to see y'all again soon!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories! We used to go to the Bluebonnet Festival in Chappel Hill every year when I was a kid! Love these!